HIPS + PELVIS
Engaging One’s Self
The Hips symbolizes how we engage and move in the world.
- Questioning movements and actions one is taking or about to take.
- Presenting in the elderly, the tendency to break hips from falling, due to being fearful of the future.
- Sometimes reveal challenges in letting go of the past.
- Feelings of hopelessness present themselves here, due to adopting the perspective that there is nothing to look forward to.
Our Pelvis symbolizes our sense of self and identity.
- Signifies social and sharing issues.
- Expression of one’s direction and movement.
- Security, survival, communication, relationships.
- Pelvic region reveals relationship with parents, as well as how you relate to yourself.
- Reveals one’s sense of self, identity.
- The essence of who one truly is.
- Deep issues of power and control. Tight gluteus muscles — tendency to hide our deepest inner feelings.